Sunday, January 14, 2007

from the "1 sleep" dept.


Ghana Notes
Originally uploaded by borderfilms (Doug).

It's officially Monday in Toronto: the clock just rolled past midnight.

That means I leave for Africa TODAY -- but not before my last night of sleep in Canada until at least October.

Janis and I spent the day running around. I bought more stuff -- a cheap video camera and some more clothes. Summer stuff seems to be on sale and I found some decent climate specific stuff for cheap.

It snowed in Oakville, which kept many shoppers at home. Cruising the malls was pain free, if tiring.

Earlier in the day we had breakfast at a place called Fava -- which overlooks Lake Ontario. Or at least that's what they say. You couldn't tell with the low cloud and snow. But the food was deeelish.

In the evening Janis, Jamie and I enjoyed homemade pizza before I started the re-pack. I'm leaving some stuff behind and I have no worries about the weight of my bags.

I also spoke at length with John Gaudi, who worked in Takoradi (my city) about a year ago. He answered all my questions and I am looking forward to seeing the place for myself. It sounds amazing.

A winter storm is forecast for Monday in Toronto, and my fingers are crossed that it doesn't interrupt my flight schedule. We'll see.

I'll post pictures from last week and from around Oakville tomorrow morning.

I'll attempt to post from Pearson Airport and Frankfurt. But there may be radio silence for a few days.

And with that... bed time!

Cheers!

No comments: