Monday, January 15, 2007

from the "freezing rain" dept.


Freezing Rain
Originally uploaded by borderfilms (Doug).

I thought I had managed to escape the worst of winter.

I was wrong.

The weather here in Toronto over the past week has been positively balmy -- by Southern Ontario standards. What that means is that the temperatures have hovered around zero and there has been a relative lack of snow.

Today is the day I fly to Frankfurt and then Accra. But in looking at the video cams that cover Toronto's freeways one sees little traffic due to the ice on the lens. That's not rain. Nope. Ice. And it's everywhere.

I just spent 30 minutes chipping my car out of it's frozen cell. Pictures to follow.

Luckily, my flight (LH 471) departs at 5:30 p.m. I have plenty to time to leave early and skate my way down the QEW towards Pearson.

Good times!

Cheers!

No comments: