Thursday, January 18, 2007

from the "arrival" dept.

I am in Africa.

Accra, the capital of Ghana, to be exact.

It's been a whirlwind of activity since arriving late Tuesday night. We've had lots of sessions with local people about cultural issues, politics and the media.

We've had very little time to ourselves due to the busy schedule, however that changes Friday with a trip to the beach just east of Accra.

How to describe what I've seen? I wish I had more time but -- and this applies to Accra only -- the city is far more developed, clean and friendlier than I expected. That said there is no lack of air pollution.

The food is great. The weather has been warm but not gross. I've yet become sweaty white guy.

Everyone we've met has been great... and I've been shooting all sorts of stuff... pictures to come soon. Perhaps Friday.

I'm on the road again Saturday, bound for my new home, Takoradi.

Crazy!

Cheers!

Doug

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well done man glad you made it safe.

Murman