Monday, July 14, 2014

THR +10

July 14, 2014

A bad sleepless night.

So, Vangroovy is in the midst of a heatwave. When it's 25 by the water, you know it's 30+ inland. And 40 in my apartment. There are few clouds and zero wind.

My apartment faces west, so I get the full furnace effect from about 2pm through sunset (9:30ish).

Even with fans, the place doesn't cool off until the wee hours.

Not good for sleeping.

Case in point: last night. At 1am the airport temp was still 22. I lay atop my sheets, sweating, stiff and in pain. I broke down and took an Oxy. And I just took another (6am) because the pain/stiffness is still with me.

Perhaps I sat working too much yesterday? I don't have a lot of options. I have to work and both sitting and lying down are uncomfortable. If only there was a zero-G switch around here somewhere.

Busy day ahead. Some brutally slow cleaning. In home physio at 11. Shoot for the documentary (Kickstarter video) this afternoon. And another written piece due for Thur (though I won't likely do much today). Also I have to remove my dressing and perhaps apply another. I'll ask the PT about that.

Overall, things are pretty good. Same complaints: stiffness, some pain, general tiredness, lack of patience when I keep dropping stuff. But we're 10 days in, and miles ahead!

LATER

I had in-home physio this morning. That went well. Answered all my questions and made me feel a lot better.

Then it was off to shoot stuff for the Kickstarter. Done and done.

A few pints on the way back to the oven/apartment was a wonderful break.

Total walkage: 16 blocks (about 2km) and 10 flights of stairs.

Knackered!

No comments: