Thursday, July 31, 2014

THR +27

July 31, 2014

I had more problems sleeping last night. The apartment was stiflingly hot. Even with a fan and no sheets, I couldn't get comfortable. That was compounded by my increasingly sore right shoulder and hand.

I drifted in and out of sleep until 2:30am or so and then popped an oxy. I hadn't taken any on Wednesday, so I felt no guilt. Soon, I was sleeping like a baby.

I woke up at 6 feeling fairly refreshed. I could have slept longer if it was darker. I really don't like these long northern days.

So from now on, I'm going to take one oxy before going to bed. That's 7 fewer tabs than I'm allowed so I doubt I'll become addicted. Once I'm off the crutch, the shoulder and hand pain should go away. I hope.

The day ahead: I have to finish some work, meet an old JHR colleague for lunch and work on the documentary Kickstarter. Busy, but not crazy.

UPDATE:

I got all my work done and took a break in the afternoon for a couple of patio pints.

It was another hot day, and the apartment was brutal. I managed to stay up until 11 before crashing. I took an oxy about an hour before going to bed. I managed to sleep until 2am and then had a fitful sleep after that.

The leg was fine. The shoulder was brutal. I need a solution.

Exercise: ~10 blocks, 10 flights of stairs

-30-

No comments: