Tuesday, April 18, 2006

from the "back at it" dept.

Tuesday was another day off -- but that didn't mean there was nothing to do. I have a list as long as my arm that is filled with all sorts of tasks, none of which I really want to do.

The biggest "to do" was to fix my car. The exhaust system blew months ago, leaving me with the loudest car in Vancouver. Also, it was quite likely the most dangerous, as exhaust was finding its way into the passenger compartment. Nothing like a slow, loud death for motivation.

I dropped the car off at a Canadian Tire outlet downtown and, because I was feeling guilty about my vacation inspired girth, walked to Commercial Drive. I grabbed the paper, a pound of beans, and an Americano Misto and proceeded to kill 90 minutes at Continental Coffee. Following that, I hopped the bus and headed home.

Just as I arrived, my mobile rang. It was Canadian Tire saying they couldn't fix my mobile gas chamber. I bitched to myself, and headed back downtown on the bus. The fellow at CanTi said I needed some welding done, and pointed me in the direction of an independent car shop around the corner.

I headed over there, and $45 later, the car was fixed. It's a bit of a patch job, but the car itself is worth $400. So why spend more? Plus, the toxic gases are gone, and I'm not setting off car alarms and scaring old people as I drive around the Lower Mainland.

LP 411

There was also some good news from my Lonely Planet project. I can't reveal much, but I will say that I've been asked to tweak my Tofino submission. I'll be doing that over the next few days, and then waiting to see what comes of it.

Cheers!

No comments: