Sunday, April 23, 2006

from the "blue skies are here again" dept.



Explosion
Originally uploaded by borderfilms.com.

Wow.

There is nothing quite like a warm, clear, dry, spring day in Vancouver.

We pay the price with the rain. This year was particularly damp. But when the weather gods wave their arms and present us with days like today -- you can almost hear the angels sing. Or is that the neighbour's stereo?

Re-adjusting to the real life off the road has been fairly easy. Last week was relaxed with only a single day of work (Friday). This weekend I am back at work, which blow considering the weather -- but as it's a 2-11pm shift, I can still get out and smell the roses, tulips, magnolias, etc.

Last night was the 40th birthday party for my buddy Lorne. His wife Katrina set up a big surprise bash at Shabeen, Vancouver's only Whisk(e)y house. I didn't arrive until after 11pm, but there were many friendly faces that I hadn't seen in quite some time. I belive I must begin reconnecting to my life here, rather than living in a dreamland that lies at the end of the road.

That said, conversation was certainly travel focused. Lorne and Katrina had just returned from two weeks in Portugal. They drove a route very similar to the bike trip I did back in 1993. How I would like to do that again!

The night affirmed that life is great and filled with cool people (and tasty Whisk(e)y).

The weeks ahead are filled with more work. And, possible travel, of course.

We'll see.

Cheers!

(here's some more pix of spring...)











No comments: