Thursday, April 13, 2006

Heading home, slowly


Drinking is Fun - 6th time
Originally uploaded by borderfilms.com.

Well, my 7 nights on Caye Caulker are now history. And, in just over 24 hours I'll be flying from Belize City to Seattle via Dallas.

Another trip has come to an end.

It certainly feels like I've been away for a long time. No doubt that is due to the distinct adventures this trip has offered up. From Paul Nabor's temple in Punta Gorda to Ivan and Katia's balcony in San Ignacio, to the Grandmaster's fowl (foul?) coop in Belize City. Not to mention Brent and Roh's and Costa Maya Cabana's on Caye Caulker.

Brent left for Belize City on Wednesday, and I ended up hanging out for a while with Roh's brother. We gazed at the passing people as we enjoyed fruity drinks. I wish I could bottle up the feeling of Caulker. It's truly an original and amazing spot. More on that later.

There was a full moon Wed. night, so I attempted some shots. They were so-so, but I will post from Brent's place when I get there.

I stayed up late gazing at the ocean in the boney glow of the moon, trying to take it all in -- and wondering when I would be back. My hope is later this year.

Thursday morning I was up at 5:30am for sunrise. It was a nice, though short lived one. There were showers throughout the morning, and that meant I just hung on the deck and read.

When I went to pay, Heather gave me the room for US$400. A hell of a deal.

And now, there are 13 minutes remaining before I have to check out. Rather than prolonging the inevitable, I will grab the noon boat, and be back in Belize City early in the afternoon.

Until then...

Cheers! (sniff, sniff)

No comments: