Friday, June 25, 2004

The hot weather appears to have broken.

I met Randy at Honey's Cafe at 6:30 this morning. It was cool, misty, and very pleasant. We chewed the fat over a couple of Americanos -- then he headed to work and I headed to the look-off.

At the trailhead I chatted with a couple of older Indian men who were about to do the hike. They were very friendly and full of questions.

I didn't meet a soul from bottom to top. At the look-off I planted myself and read the morning paper. Nice spot to do that.

Another local resident popped by and we chatted about kayaking and the noise. She does the hike daily, and was full of info.

I decided to continue on the extra kilometre to Indian River Drive... this is a good way to add some more distance to the hike. There is the second look-off and some nice old growth areas to enjoy.

On the way down, I passed several school groups... yikes! They're starting earlier every morning...

Anyway, the stats:

Time up: to first look-off only 27:08
Time down: Indian Lake Road to trailhead: 33:39
Time down: Indian Lake Road to look-off: Under 10 minutes
Time down: Look-off to trailhead: appx 24:00

Total KM new route: 6km return

Cheers!



No comments: