Monday, June 28, 2004

The wheels are in motion.

I have told my landlord that after 6 weeks of traffic noise, I think it's best that I move. Unfortunately he is not home -- so I had to leave a message.

What does this mean?

Well - I have a lease. So it might mean that I forfeit my deposit (I assume I will) and it might mean an ugly battle. Or it might be easy. We'll see.

Moving on Aug 1 will be hard logistically. I am working nearly every day -- and the final weekend of the month. But this could be overcome.

Sept 1. would be easier. But with little work booked, financially it could be tough.

At the end of the day, it will cost $600 to move plus a new damage deposit. And any other expenses associated with getting away from the traffic noise.

The good thing is that I am 80% packed still... and I feel better for taking some action. No point being miserable, is there?

Today is also election day. I haven't a clue as to who to vote for -- other than knowing it won't be the NDP.

A vote for the Greens will be wasted. The Liberals suck. The Conservatives are too conservative. And there is no Communist candidate here.

What to do?! What to do?!

I'll know in 5 minutes... I think.

Cheers!







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I like the new look, and especially like the pictures. You are such a nut . . .and it looks like you have found friends with similar goofy interests. Sure do miss that goofiness. What's the deal with the cat, though? LC