Saturday, October 18, 2014

THR +106

Saturday, October 18, 2014

It was a busy day today.

I got up at 6 to work on stuff for next week. Didn't get nearly as much done as I'd hoped.

Then I had to get over to the North Shore to pick up a cheap car rental. That meant an "interesting" ride on the #20 bus, a SeaBus ride, and a ride on the #236 to Enterprise/North Van. That took a while.

After I snagged the car (with my buddy Randy) it was time to shop. First stop: Old Navy for cheap shirts. Second stop: The Crab Shoppe for halibut patties. And then all the way out to Ikea in Coquitlam. I needed some kitchen stuff -- knives -- for Guatemala.

After dropping off Randy, I headed home to start sorting through stuff (I'd pulled boxes of unknown stuff out of storage earlier in the summer). I took a bunch of old (and too small) clothes to a donation box.

It wasn't raining, so I felt obligated to hit to Spanish Banks. There's not many opportunities left.  I did a 3.5km walk and took some pictures:

Taking the dogs out for a walk

The days are short

Sunset is just 6:17pm

Poorly exposed self-portrait

Look! A super expensive city!
And then it was night
After the beach, I headed home for a feed of sushi. I avoided wine for another day. It's surprisingly difficult.

The hip was a bit stiff today. I didn't do any physio (the physio dude said I needed to take days off). But I did get the walk in.

The shoulder was ok. No better, no worse.

Oh: I'm also having doubts about going back to Guatemala. No reason other than I'm really enjoying Vancouver.

And... suddenly it's 9:30pm and I'm ready to crash.

Exercise: 3.5km+ walk
-30-

No comments: