Friday, October 03, 2014

THR +91

Friday, October 3, 2014

Three months after surgery:
I can hike!
Today was a milestone. I can hike again.

It wasn't far. Just four kilometres. It wasn't crazy. Just an elevation gain of 100 metres (326 feet). It took a while. One hour up, 53 minutes down.

But it was something I couldn't have done three months ago. Nor a year ago. Nor two years ago.

The new hip performed flawlessly. What made the rocky/rooty climb tough was all the extra weight I'm carrying from so many years of being inactive.

That will change. Now that I've hit the three month point post-surgery, my focus will be on making that big gut disappear by next spring. Or earlier.

Now that I can be active, I will be active. The next goal will be achieved, sooner or later.

The best part of today? The view of Indian Arm from Quarry Rock:
BC is pretty amazing.
Onwards!

Exercise: 4km hike, walking, stairs
-30-

No comments: