Sunday, October 19, 2014

THR +107

Sunday, October 19, 2014

Big day today. It started early with me attempting to get some work done.

Around 10am, my pal Sheryl called to go for a walk. As the sun was out and I had a rental car, how could I say no?

I met her over in Vancouver's West End. Traffic, even at such an early hour on a Sunday, was a nightmare. This city is not a driver's best friend. I'm so glad I don't have to drive everyday.

Rather than complain about the current civic government and its idiotic transportation ideas, I'll focus on the positive!

I met Sheryl at Sunset Beach and we walked to Third Beach in Stanley Park. And then back to Sunset Beach. It was a glorious day and a nice way to spend a few hours.

We logged 8km (5 miles)... meaning that I'm almost ready to walk AROUND Stanley Park (10km). I'm hoping to do that before I leave in 11 days.

I came home in the early afternoon with the intention of working, but my buddy Steve called and wanted to go for coffee on The Drive. Nice! We went to Fets and hung out on the patio.

It was a weird weather day -- super warm (20C) and really humid.

Steve had to leave around 4, so I did some grocery shopping before returning home to do a little work. Some is better than none.

It poured this evening, but it seems nice now... although it's bedtime. Tomorrow, I have to take the rental back to the North Shore. And then I really have to get stuff done. Methinks time is going to start flying.

Here's some pictures from a great Sunday Funday:






Exercise: 8km walk+, some physio
-30-

No comments: