Wednesday, August 13, 2014

THR +40

August 13, 2014

I think my sleeps are getting better.

Last night I stayed up until 11:30 or so. I popped an oxy and hit the sheets. I was able to fall asleep quickly but woke up around 1:30am. Once I got back to sleep, I slept until 6:45 -- waking up once, briefly.

I closed my eyes again and suddenly it was 7:30. A good sign.

The shoulder doesn't hurt as much this morning, but my right hand sure does. Methinks it's too much time on the computer. However, I still have a fair amount of work to finish before I can take a break.

Also, I'm going to avoid using my crutches from now on. While I use a cane when I go out, I had been using a single crutch around the house. I may have been leaning on it too much -- putting pressure on my shoulder at the armpit. That could be one of the reasons the shoulder keeps flaring up.

The cane is different, although there is still a tendency to put too much weight on it.

I've tried walking around unassisted -- which I can do -- but the left leg is still weak and I end up unintentionally limping to keep full weight off of it. And, as per the physio, I don't want to train myself to limp!

The weather has definitely changed. It's cool and wet. Hurray! Nice to have a break from all the heat.

With the exception of work, I'm going to take it easy today. Maybe grab a car and run over to the North Shore for some fresh fish. We'll see how much work I get done.

UPDATE:

It rained for most of the day, so I stayed inside.

Work goals met. Then got out for a quick shopping trip. Didn't bother going anywhere else. Watched a few episodes of Spooks. Hit the sack around 10. 

Note that I tried climbing the stairs at my place using alternating legs. Normally, I use my good leg to go up a step, then follow with the operated leg. And repeat. But today I did 4 flights 'normally'. This will help strengthen the operated leg.

Exercise: 10 blocks walked, 6 flights left leg weight, 4 flights alternating legs, physio x1

No comments: