Monday, August 18, 2014

THR +45

August 18, 2014 (Monday)


Today marks six weeks since I left the hospital. As I just posted on Facebook, "Day 45: Getting a new hip is like being a kid on Christmas morning and unwrapping that toy that you really, really wanted. All I want to do is go outside and play with it!"


Anyway: More issues last night with regard to sleeping, but eventually I drifted off. I tried taking Naproxen before going to bed, but that didn't really help. Tonight I'll try Tylenol.


The shoulder hurts this morning, but the pain isn't nearly as bad as it was. Still, it flares up when I type (!) and put pressure on it while using a cane. Same old story! 


On the agenda: work. 

UPDATE:


Pretty much stayed in the house all day. Filed two stories. 

Went for a 10 block walk late in the day, primarily to pick up some beets. 

I spent the evening relaxing and called it a day around 11pm. 

Exercise: 10 blocks, 10 flights, physio.
-30-

No comments: