Sunday, August 10, 2014

THR +37

August 10, 2014

Oh sleep, why do you avoid me?

Just like every night the rest of the week, I took an oxy around 10. When I went to bed, I drifted off quickly -- only to wake around 1:30am (uncomfortable and a need to pee). I managed to get back to sleep until...

5am, when my right (non-operated) leg cramped up. Primarily in the inner thigh. I was unable to do much other than some ineffective punching and massaging of the muscles in question. After a few minutes of agony, I gave up and got up.

Thankfully it was the good leg. And thankfully the pain eventually went away. But it's now 5:25am and I'm wide awake.

Also, my shoulder hurts and I occasionally feel twinges from where I bruised my ribs a few months ago. But the operated leg feels great!

So: what to do this early?

First I'm going to drink a vat of coffee. Then I'll see if I can grab a Car2Go car. Today is a photography challenge day -- 10 pictures on the 10th day of the month -- as devised by a former work colleague (I already have pictures of the clock (5:12am!) and a rather large moon). So I'll go take pictures.

Back to the cramping: methinks I'll cut back on the exercise today. No long walks. Maybe a couple of shorter ones.

UPDATE

It turned out to be quite the busy day, so let's review, in point form:

- I grabbed a Car2Go and hit the beach:
Cars on demand: best idea ever!
It was so early there was no one at the beach:

Spanish Banks, with no people. Yay!
I even went for a short stroll:

Canes aren't really meant for beaches.
- After the beach, I drove around Vancouver a bit before heading home.

- Once home I worked on some, er, work.

- I felt like I needed a stroll, so I ended up walking 20 blocks around the neighbourhood:

I found corn growing in the middle of an intersection.

I found a neighbourhood book exchange.

And I found a pillow for those who don't get my life.
- I spent the evening relaxing and poking away at things I have to do in the week ahead.

When it was time for bed, I noticed the hip was acting up. Perhaps I AM overdoing it. But I get so bored being cooped up in this wee bachelor suite of mine! Must... walk...

I didn't take an oxy, just to see how I would sleep. Details to come.

All-in-all, a good day (and a long one).

Exercise: 20 blocks, 20 flights of stairs, physio x2, short walk at the beach

-30-

No comments: