Monday, August 11, 2014

THR +38

August 11, 2014

Today marks 5 weeks since being released from the hospital. Hurray!

As mentioned, I didn't take an oxy last night. I went to bed super tired around 11pm. And I woke up at 1am -- for a pee. Grr. I hate getting up to pee. This better go away.

Anyway...

I had a hard time getting back to sleep. And then I woke up around 4. For another pee. Grrr, again.

After much effort, I was able to get back to sleep and then, surprise!, I slept until 6:30! How nice!

No cramps overnight. But my operated hip is a little sore today. I'll definitely take it easy, but I'll still need to get out of here. Especially with a forecast calling for 33C inland. God help me!

At least it's cool now.

In other news, I continue to lose weight. Since the Aug 1, when I first weighed myself, I'm down 10 pounds. The weight loss has been slow the last few days, but that's fine. NO rush.

It'll be interesting to see what I weighed when I went in for surgery. I'll ask the doctor when I go for my follow-up visit at the end of the month.

Today's agenda: work, blerk and sweat all evening. But it looks like a break from the heat is coming:
It says 27C today, but it's supposed to be 34C inland. Which I am.
Also: today is my last day on the blood thinner. I'll be able to eat grapefruit again!

Also, also: I broke a tooth. Grr. 

UPDATE

The heat wasn't as brutal as expected, which was nice.

I worked away on stuff and filed Tuesday's item early. Wednesday's piece is nearly done,  it just needs some editing. And Thursday's piece is about half done.

Around 6pm, I met up with a couple of people for dinner/drinks on The Drive. Jen, who I met in San Pedro and Chris, who I worked with at CBC.

We had a feast at Fet's and then headed to The Storm Crow (Nerd Bar) for a rousing game of Cards Against Humanity. A good night out. Who needs the old gang?

My home away from home. A block away!
It's also fun dragging my special cushion around with me so I can actually sit! Although by the end of the evening, the hip was sore.

It was nearly 11 by the time I got home. The apartment was warm, but tolerable. I popped an oxy because my shoulder was on fire.

And off to bed I went... 

Exercise: 10 flights of stairs, 4 blocks walked, physio x1 (a bit of a rest day)

-30-

No comments: