Saturday, August 16, 2014

THR +43

August 16, 2014

I didn't take any painkillers last night and paid the price.

I went to bed at 10. Woke up at 11:30. After much painful tossing and turning (which isn't easy to do) I managed to drift off, only to wake up every few hours.

I gave up at 6:30am. The shoulder is absolutely brutal. Also, there is some pain in the operated leg, but I assume this is from rolling around all night.

Things are getting frustrating now. I'm bored as hell, my shoulder and hand hurt all the time and I'm anxious to get outta here!

Grumble.

UPDATE 

The day turned out to be a good one. In point form:

- Snagged a Car2Go car share Smart Car for the day for $50 including gas and 400km

- Picked up my buddy Randy around 9

- Headed to Caffe Barney (Granville St.) for an awesome brunch

- Hit the Sally Ann on West Broadway and found a super light aluminum cane for $9!

- Drove to Spanish Banks to look at the ocean

- Popped into a British grocery store (Dunbar/41st) but found the meat pies to be a bit dear

- Headed to the DTES (Downtown East Side) to grab some groceries (mostly veggies)

- Did not find Sriracha in travel-size packets (boo!)

- Dropped Randy off so he could go to work

- Drove to Peace Arch Park - which straddles the US/Canadian border on Highway 99/I-5
An international stroll
- Walked around and tested out the new cane (it's g-r-r-r-eat!)

My cane bisected by the Canada-US border
- Drove down Zero Ave (parallel to the US/Canada border) to Abbotsford

- Drove home via a specialty booze store on Main Street (Brewery Creek) and picked up a nice Vancouver Island Moon Hefeweizen and a He'Brew Origin Ale

- Returned home. Parked the car

- Went for a 10 block walk amongst the tourists (go away!) on Commercial Drive

- Came home to drink beer, write this blog post and watch an episode of Spooks (S03E02)

So, yeah, awesome day!

Exercise: Peace Arch stroll, 10 block walk, 30 flights of stairs, physio x1

-30-

No comments: