Thursday, August 14, 2014

THR +41

August 14, 2014

Horrible sleep last night.

I went to bed around 10pm and decided not to take any painkillers. That was a mistake. My right shoulder was on fire again, and it was all I could do to get to sleep.

And then I woke up at 11:30. Grr.

I spent the rest of the night dozing off and then waking up in great discomfort, thanks to my shoulder. I'm doing my best to avoid using the shoulder, but being a writer and right-handed, that's tough.

I'm sure the pain is a combination of too much typing and using a cane.

Anyway, I know better and I'll be popping pills before bed tonight. I might try some over-the-counter pain relievers.

UPDATE

My cabin fever was unbearable, so I grabbed a car share car and headed over to the North Shore for some fresh fish from the Crab Shop. I took a small detour downtown before coming home. Meh.

At home, I finished another piece for Shaw and then headed out to meet up with a buddy to discuss documentary work and enjoy a patio beer. On the way home I picked up a bunch of healthy treats at Sweet Cherubim, the local organic bakery.

The evening was quiet with a little TV. Pain was low and even the shoulder felt better.

I went to bed around 11. Took a pain pill and drifted off...

-30-

No comments: